How Productive Are You?
Staying productive is challenging especially during these unusual times. Most are working from home which comes with its own built in set of distractions and disruptions. This makes it that much more essential to be sure that you’re not just busy but are productive. The tasks that are being checked off your list should be relevant to your weekly or monthly goals. There may be a tendency by some to work longer because they are working from home. That’s not the objective. It should be to work smarter. Here are 7 questions to ask yourself to help answer the “how productive are you” question.
1. Are all the tasks on your list still relevant… can they be delegated or automated?
2. Consider reducing the number of weekly meetings. Is this time well spent?
3. How many of the tasks on your list are related to your business goals vs just busy work?
4. Which activities take up most of your time during the work week?
5. Are you most productive on certain days of the week? If so, are you blocking time on your calendar on those days for the important project work.
6. Taking regular breaks fuels productivity. How many breaks did you take today?
7. Have you tried scheduling focused work time of 30-45 blocks during your workday?
In addition to these “how productive are you” questions, you may want to dive a little deeper into your productivity. Here’s a link to my Productivity Scorecard. It will only take 5 minutes to complete and is a good self-assessment tool.
If you would like to discuss your Scorecard results, let’s schedule time to talk. Reach out to this NYC Professional Home Office Organizer today.