2014 has just begun, prompting many of us to resolve to make improvements in the year to come. Two of the most common resolutions our NYC Professional Organizer hears involve becoming more organized and saving money. She is able to help her clients do both by implementing a few simple systems. Not only do you have the opportunity to find lost funds in the process of organizing – one of our colleague’s clients uncovered gift cards amounting to $500 when we revamped her desk – you will also become more efficient and less stressed, two factors that greatly impact spending.
Still not sure how our NYC Professional Organizer can help you become organized and save money in 2014? Here are 8 ways becoming organized is good for your wallet!
- Creating and implementing as system to help you find things when you need them means never buying doubles – or triples – of “lost” items, like umbrellas or your favorite shoes.
- The process of decluttering uncovers clothing, furniture, books, toy and other items that are no longer being used. Donating these items allows you to help others – as well as the environment, and gives you a deduction that will come in handy when the time to file your taxes arises.
- Our NYC professional office organizer notes that a clean and organized workspace means improved productivity and efficiency. When you’re able to focus – without getting distracted by the stacks of files or personal keepsakes on your desk – you can accomplish more in less time. As they say, time is money!
- Health care costs are on the rise, but having an organized office and home helps you keep stress, a leading contributing factor to many illnesses at bay. Furthermore, when everything has a place it’s easier to maintain a clean, healthy environment.
- We’ll let you in on a little secret: sometimes we buy things simply because we’re not feeling so good about ourselves. It even has a name: Retail Therapy. By creating and preserving an organized work and living space, we cultivate a positive self-image, reducing the need to purchase products to improve our self-esteem.
- When you take the time to create a home for each of your belongings, rather than cramming them anywhere they fit, you’re able to preserve them for longer, meaning you’ll need to replace them less often.
- In the workplace, you’ll be proud to invite clients to a comfortable and clutter free office. Not only does this allow you to fit in more meetings, our NYC professional office organizer notes that it allows you to save the money you would be spending if you met in a café or over lunch! Furthermore, you’ll leave a lasting, positive impression on your prospective clients who will then want to take the next step with your company.
- When you can find the bills, it’s much easier to pay them! We might have been a bit flip here, but the fact of the matter is, when you ensure that your financial records are properly filed, your bills get paid on time, you continue to improve your credit score and you save yourself time and money during tax season!
Ready to get organized and save your hard earned money in 2014? Reach out to our NYC Professional Organizer.
*Note, this article was inspired by a guest piece from Terri Stephens, founder and Chief Professional Organizer of Real Order Professional Organizing LLC.