Managing your email certainly can be overwhelming, but there are several tools and applications that have been created to help. Ranging from free to a monthly subscription fee, these tools serve a variety of purposes. Here are a few tools recommended by the Professional Organizer in NYC:
- Unroll.me: This application helps you manage your email subscriptions. Like many people, you have probably signed up for online newsletters from colleagues, friends, department stores, online deals, etc. Unroll.me fills two great purposes. First, it puts all of those subscriptions into just one email for you to view, rather than 15 separate emails taking up space in your inbox. Second, it allows you to easily unroll from mailing lists that you are no longer interested in.
- Boomerang: This tool allows you to schedule when you send emails. You can write an email today and schedule it to be sent at a later time. Another feature of Boomerang is that you can use it to archive already read messages and have them return to your inbox when you need to see them. For example, you might receive an email with details about an event you are attending next week. You can use Boomerang to remove that email from your inbox since you don’t need it today, and then schedule it to be sent back to your inbox next week when it’s time to prepare for the event.
- SaneBox: SaneBox combines a few features into one handy tool. It allows you to unsubscribe easily with one-click inside your inbox, provides response tracking, and allows you to send emails back to your inbox when you need them (much like Boomerang). It also allows for less important emails to be automatically filtered into a separate folder to review later, keeping your inbox open for only the most important emails. The bonus with SaneBox is that it can be used on any device with any email service provider.
- Rapportive: This tool added on to your email service allows for social media information to show up right in your inbox. Rapportive links with LinkedIn and provides profile information at your fingertips. You’ll see a picture, business information, social media contact information, and even Skype or personal website info. This helps you connect on more levels with your clients and friends, and it also gives you additional insight when trying to figure out who sent you an email before opening the message.
- Bananatag: This tool works within your email service to track your sent emails so you can know when and if someone has read your email. It also allows you to track how often they may have clicked any links you included. It also allows for email scheduling and provides reports to keep track of data.
Not every tool is available for every email service, so you’ll want to do a little bit of homework. The Professional Organizer in NYC urges you to choose from the hundreds of tools available for better managing your email on your smart phone, tablet and laptop. With such a wide variety of options, I am sure you can find something that fits your needs. Share in the comments what tool or application you like best!