In a competitive business world, technology can play a huge part in your success. To keep your business running smoothly and effectively, check out these tech organizing tips from the Professional Organizer in NYC.
- Shine up your website. Your website is often the first introduction a potential customer or client has to you and your business. You want to make a good first impression! Schedule time to periodically review each page of your website. Look for grammar or spelling mistakes and fix those immediately. Take inventory of what needs to be updated and remove anything that no longer applies to your business. Update images, offers, and testimonials. You want your website to be clear and easy to navigate. Tip: Delegate this task to one of your staff and have them ensure your phone number, email address, or preferred contact information somewhere on your site that is easy to find.
- Check your social media accounts. Social media changes occur fast, and your profiles can easily become out of date. First, take a look at where your social presence lies – are your preferred customers and clients hanging out there? If not, don’t spend unnecessary time on that platform. Next, sift through each platform that you are actively using and make sure all of your information is up-to-date. Assign responsibility for managing the updating process to one of your staff and have them create a schedule for doing so on a frequent basis.
- Ditch the old stuff. Recycle, donate, or get rid of the broken and outdated electronics that you may have stashed in a closet or an unused office. Don’t use valuable office and desk space for electronics you no longer use! Plan an annual end of year office cleanup day and have your team clear the outdated equipment as well as other items that are cluttering up your space.
- Check your computer software. Do you have anything to update on your computer? It’s easy to neglect important updates, especially those related to security software. But it is absolutely imperative to stay on top of these updates as a security breach could mean loss of time and money! Beyond updating your operating system and security system, check that you are using the most recent version of your favorite tech tools and apps. If you have programs you are no longer using, remove them.
- Tidy up your voicemail. Do you save voicemails after you’ve listened to them? Take notes from messages, adding tasks to your to-do list, then delete those messages.Free up space in your voicemail system as there is nothing worse than a client not being able to leave a message because the mailbox is full. Make sure to also keep your voicemail message updated. Often people change their outgoing message when they leave on vacation or are out of the office for a period of time and forget to change it back upon return.
Running a successful business is both stressful and rewarding. Utilizing technology and following these 5 simple tech organizing tips from this Professional Organizer in NYC will allow you to spend your valuable time focusing on growing your business.