One of my clients runs her Public Relations firm from a small home office located in her apartment. While there is adequate space to do to do what she needs to do, the office was cluttered and disorganized, negatively impacting her productivity. She enlisted the help of The Organizing Zone, a NYC professional office organizing company, to identify ways to more efficiently use the space in her office and to create systems for managing tasks and paperwork.
- Shelves (bookcase and storage shelf) were cluttered and disorganized
- White board was frequently utilized but there was no method for how information was arranged on it
- Client didn’t have a good system for tracking business expenses
- Business cards were collecting on the desk and not being added to the already established binder
- Files were set up but there wasn’t a clear cut designation for the categories assigned to each file cabinet drawer
- Email inbox was overflowing with new and read messages
- Shelves were decluttered and areas designated for specific items, such as client samples
- White board was divided into sections for current projects, follow-up items, and other tasks that need to be addressed; the board is now her resource for tracking to-do’s and priorities
- Created a system for tracking business expenses and receipt
- Business cards were organized into binder and a process developed for filing new cards as they are collected
Identified the major filing categories and assigned them to specific drawers
- Cleared out and organized email inbox; created a system to flag email messages to distinguish between tasks to be done and those tasks that are in process
“As my business began to grow, my old methods of organization weren’t enough to keep pace. I was falling into overwhelm nearly every day. Stephanie Shalofsky of The Organizing Zone showed up in my life at the perfect time. I needed to let go of a lot of physical and digital clutter, and having a coach who left me with homework assignments to be completed by our next meeting stepped up the urgency and added momentum to the process.
Stephanie was the perfect coach throughout the process…very focused and non-judgmental. I am certain that on my own I would never have been able to weed through the clutter and find new ways to prioritize and organize what was left. Stephanie’s help was essential. I’m now able to work with much greater ease and flow. My mind is clear and focused. Phew!”