As you prepare and plan for your office move, you can quickly become overwhelmed by all the tasks that need to be completed to make sure the move goes smoothly. Make sure to utilize this NYC Professional Office Organizer’s office move checklist to support you. Also, check out some of these tech tools that work well with the checklist to keep your project organized!
Consider these office move apps – they work with a variety of devices and are available at varying price points so there’s sure to be one that will fit your needs.
1. Move Planner for iOS. This app has to-do lists that are completely customizable and can be categorized by subject. You can also assign tasks to different people along with due dates so that everyone will know what they need to do during the office move. This app works well as a task list so that you can be sure important steps aren’t missed.
2. Moving Planner for Android. Much like Move Planner, Moving Planner allows you to create an office move checklist and task lists for your staff. This app allows for more customizing, including color-coding, and offers premade templates and lists to get you started.
3. Sortly. You can catalogue your items by room or office and then get even more specific by grouping them by category, then box, and so forth. Sortly has a solid search function so you can quickly sort through the database to locate your items. Another bonus is the printing feature which enables you to print labels with QR codes so you can catalog your boxes. There are to-do lists available for all moving tasks, and you can back up the entire moving project and lists into Evernote.
4. Moving Van. This app helps you to track and organize the many boxes that will be involved in your move. Though it doesn’t eliminate the need to label your boxes and pack them efficiently, it does help support those tasks and keep the entire project organized. Moving Van allows you to easily catalog all your items and note their respective cartons, making it so much easier to find essential items quickly when unpacking.
5. Asana. Whether you use Asana as your project management system, or something like Trello or Basecamp, almost all PM systems offer a mobile version. You can use the project features of these apps to create your own to-do list and to act as the office move checklist for the project, but it also offers another important feature. While you are busy moving and unpacking, you can use Asana to stay on top of your tasks for your clients. This helps keep your business moving while you are transitioning into your new space.
With technology at our fingertips, it makes sense to take advantage of the wide variety of office moving apps available to you. When you need more hands-on support for your office move, reach out to this NYC Professional Office Organizer.