Whether it’s a day of back-to-back sales calls across NYC or a last-minute business trip, getting your work done when you’re away from your office can be challenging, but taking a few steps that help with organizing your office in NYC ahead of time can make your out-of-office time less disruptive and more productive. Here are some organizing solutions to consider implementing before your next day on the road.
- Include important details such as address, phone number, directions, and notes in your calendar when you schedule an appointment. This works for paper or electronic calendars and gives you one source of information when you’re on the go.
- Keep a small kit of office basic supplies – pens, paper clips, small stapler, USB drive or two, post-it notes – in your briefcase
- Use a briefcase/computer case with wheels to reduce strain on your back and shoulders. If you carry equipment with you on regular basis, look for an organizing solution like a sturdy rolling crate to help lighten the load.
- Create a checklist of items that you need when you’re away from the office, such as travel documents (airline tickets, Passport), laptop computer and power cord, mobile phone and charger, current project or customer files, etc. Keep blank copies handy so you can do a quick inventory before you leave the office.
- If you travel often for business, keep a pre-packed bag with overnight essentials stocked and ready to go.
- Schedule check-in times with office staff to get updates and delegate tasks.