Happy New Year! It’s that time of year again – time to work on your New Year’s Resolutions! Your list might include some personal goals as well as business goals, and if you are like many people, that list probably includes getting organized. Creating a list of actionable goals is key to making them happen. As I did last year, this NYC Professional Office Organizer is sharing her top 8 suggested New Year’s Resolutions for office organizing so that you will be inspired to take action and be more productive in your space in 2018.
New Year’s Resolutions for Office Organizing
1. I will improve my productivity by turning my workspace into a command center by deciding what items I need in my space and removing the rest.
2. I will stop multi-tasking and schedule focused work and break times into my day.
3. I will keep all tax documents organized and in one easy to find place. I will add any and all important documents to this file as they come in throughout the year.
4. I will plan and prepare for vacations and time away from work ahead of time so that I can enjoy time off and return to work well-rested.
5. I will create and use an email filing system so that I can easily locate emails when needed and I’m not met with email overwhelm when I look in my inbox.
6. I will manage my tasks and utilize time management techniques so that I feel less overwhelmed and can get more done.
7. I will keep paper organized in my office by getting rid of documents that I don’t need, storing items electronically, and filing immediately.
8. I will make decluttering my workspace a priority and do a periodic sweep of my office getting rid of items I no longer use or need.
Take these specific New Year’s Resolutions and use them to take action in your home office and business this year. For more office office tips and strategies to support you through the year, reach out to this NYC Professional Office Organizer today!