We’ve talked about apps helping to improve productivity at work, and we’ve talked about the benefits of not multi-tasking. But there is more you can do than just that! There are plenty of easy to execute strategies that have helped people improve their productivity goals. This NYC Professional Office Organizer has compiled a list of strategies that you can incorporate into your daily work day and see immediate results.
- Track your time. If you can visually see where your time is being spent, you’ll be able to make adjustments to your schedule and allot more time for the important tasks.
- Eat healthy foods. Nourishing foods are imperative for productivity. You can avoid energy crashes by keeping healthy snacks on hand so that you are keeping your brain properly fueled.
- Try morning huddles. This idea is great for small teams. Take 10-15 minutes at the beginning of the day to meet and discuss goals, ask questions, and give updates. It helps not only with accountability, but also with creating greater clarity.
- Silence your electronics. That means your cell phone, your tablet, your Apple Watch. Turn them all on to silent so that you aren’t receiving numerous notifications that constantly divert your attention during your work day.
- Wear headphones. Something so simple, but often not thought about. If you share your office space or work in an open office, then it can be easy to get distracted. Try headphones and listen to music that inspires productivity, or you can simply wear headphones with no music. You can also try listening to calming sounds through an app such as Noisli.
- Create an aesthetically pleasing space. There’s some research that shows that working in a visually pleasing space can increase productivity. So, outfit your office with items that put you in a happy or positive mode. This could be a plant, flowers, some pictures, a few candles, whatever you enjoy.
- Take breaks. Stop ignoring your break times thinking that spending that extra 15 minutes working will help you get ahead. Breaks are important and allow you the time to get up and move, boosting your energy and your mood.
- Get a good night sleep. It’s easy to get stuck in a cycle of staying up late trying to get work done, but the truth is, it’s better to get a full night of rest so that you can start the day refreshed. Being well rested has a direct impact on your productivity at work.
Improving productivity can be done with any of these strategies, or by combining a few of them. For more hands-on office organizing strategies, reach out to this NYC Professional Office Organizer.